Saturday, June 30, 2018

fussy cut sampler - chapter 6

whoooaaaa we're halfway there!
whoooaaaa i just fussy cut a squ-are!
can you believe it?  we're at the halfway mark of the fussy cut sampler for the year, and it is all downhill from here!  not in a negative sort of way, since this project has really pushed me to look at fabrics differently.  that, apparently, has come as what feels like a blessing and a curse.  my blocks look amazing (in my very biased opinion) but at the same time if something is a smidgen off, it starts to make me grumble a bit... like all the 1.5" squares you'll see in the first block of this chapter.  those are killing me every time i have to use them!  without further delay, here are the blocks from chapter 6!
i'm not going to lie to you...
i love all these blocks, but the 2nd and 3rd ones make me nervous about blending in with the rest of the blocks.  i mean, that dinosaur face on the third block?  cracks me up, but does it match?  oy!  i'll definitely need to make a 2nd block with that bright busy color scheme as well as the 2nd block's lighter colors just so they at least have one matched counterpart to help balance things out.
my favorite favorite block so far probably has to be space cats and falling stars (4th block shown here, i believe it is block number 24 in the book) i was struggling for figuring out what to fit in those triangles, and then space cats just felt right.  i almost used a navy grunge, but when i remembered i had those falling stars... i knew i had to do it!  of course, late night marco polo videos with lisa also agreed with me.
well, that's a wrap on chapter 6!  i'll leave you with this one final note along with my sorrows that i won't be able to attend classes in july... stupid adulting making me work longer so i can have money to buy more fabric...  i mean food... i mean food and fabric... anyways, starting july 7, you'll see another batch of sewing along fun that will also combine this newly discovered fussy cutting skill... stay tuned, you might see an intro post on july 6th!

No comments:

Post a Comment