Sunday, March 1, 2020

instagram quilt fest 2020 kick off

apparently quiltcon also meant lots of photos involving my face...
but emily, this isn't instagram.
this is a blog!
yes, i know that... but i'm also tracking my plans for the month of march here just to be accountable.
two years ago, i was super on top of posting daily since i was new with the sacmqg and really wanted to dive in to it all.  last year, i was a little wishy washy on making posts successfully for whatever reason... but year 3, i'm back and ready for action!
i'm still riding my quiltcon high, and i'll ride it until i can't no more.
(ugh... now old town road is stuck in my head)
but one thing that victoria findlay wolfe mentioned is that when her daughter was young, she still made the time to quilt by trying to get herself at least 15 minutes a day.  granted, i don't have small children running around my apartment (or any children, just to be clear) but with my whack work schedule, i'm here there and everywhere and by the time i get home some days, i want to sew but just let myself zone out.
i'm behind on getting my ufo challenge on track (still finishing january's quilt top for me, plus february's has only been touched once... and now it is march...) so hopefully carving out 15 minutes minimum a day will help keep things rolling so i can squeeze a few other things in here and there.

so here's to a happy instagram quilt fest, and be sure to follow along at #igquiltfest2020 and me specifically (i'm sure all 4 of you readers are by now) @wereradletshug

No comments:

Post a Comment