Monday, May 11, 2020

monday fun-day?

so last week was a whirlwind.
went back to one job, another job put on pause, and a third job still MIA.
weird world we live in right now, that's for sure.
also involved in that roller coaster is my productivity levels.

last monday, i finished the 2nd quadrant of my wonky stars quilt
tuesday, i was dead to the world after work.
no seriously.  i came home, ate lunch, and actually laid down and rested my eyes for about an hour.  then i just sat and had a binge fest of my newest show "shitt's creek"

wednesday had me quilting 2 quilts, to follow in to thursday, where i trimmed them up at my parent's because there is no way that my apartment floor could handle them right now (if at all).  one was my village quilt, and the other was the jelly roll race you got a peek at last friday.
friday was also another long arm rental day, where i quilted 2 smaller size quilts bringing the total up to 4 needing binding and 4 tops remaining to be quilted.  the two christmas ones aren't high on my priority list right now, so they might wait until the summer.

saturday i was more productive than i anticipated being.  the double dose of caffeine may have helped that.
i managed to battle the heat to get 2 quilt backs done, 1 ispy top finished AND a quilt bound.  all before 11pm, which is quite a feat!
if all goes well, there will be a finished quilt post later this week!

sunday left me to piece some batting... oy.
i had to construct a 75" x 85" piece and a 55x60 piece.
but the more big scraps i can clear out, the better i feel about purchasing more batting in the future.
anybody else frankenstein their batting together for some projects?

today, i'll be working until noon and then heading out to long arm 2 more quilts.
one for my mom and then a second stashbust quilt that i anticipated being a mess when combining the fabrics, but actually turned out pretty cool.  the rest of the week i anticipate putting a few more quilt backs and battings together to get ready for long arming again on friday.  hopefully i'm not knocked out on tuesday like i was last week... because THAT was not any help.

in the meantime, and since i've posted this everywhere else because i love it SO MUCH...
here's a peek at my village quilt.
ok. so it is less a village quilt sneak peek and more of a silly spud cat...
but it is necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment