Monday, August 3, 2020

hi. i'm here.

hi. 
i'm here.
it's august? 
what?

in a normal world... the one planned in 2019... i was supposed to be back in texas this weekend at a concert with my best friend.
instead, i was mostly at home, planning out things for her virtual baby shower in a few weeks.
please imagine a mega eye roll and sigh here.

i've been terrible at getting projects done, but i need to kick it in to high gear.
especially since my work schedule basically isn't going to change in a few weeks.
usually we'd have our big prek start the year meeting in about a week and half, but whelp... preschool isn't happening for me until at least january 2021, if at all.
in the meantime, more spirit days have come, in which more masks have been crafted to suit each theme.  i've been using the orange dot quilts simple mask pattern for these, and 2 out of 2 of us agree they're great. (besides the mickey masks, i've only been making them for myself and one coteacher, because we're the ones going all out on spirit day)
please enjoy my obscure mask selfies, plus a full view of my disney 2.0 ensemble, featuring watermelon.
a week ago (the 25?  was that a week? ish?) i was able to do a drive by quilt delivery, so that means new content will be coming soon!
well... more new content beyond what i have to catch up with.
plus, i sewed a tote bag friday night to show on satuday's live show.  it turned out really cute, and it is festive... so it was a win-win to try and get my sewjo going beyond the occasional mask and frantic pj pants.

i need to go back to my 15 minutes a day sewing.
i think i will make that my goal for august.  i was so productive in march, and that was even before i was off work.  creating it to be something i need to check off each day will hopefully fuel my fire and get crafty again.

i also have a cross stitch i still haven't finished.
probably because we're still dwelling in the dot over the i in this jeremy bearimy called 2020.

here's to productivity this coming week.
if i had a glass, i'd cheers to it.
so instead, i'll just chug my hydroflask.

No comments:

Post a Comment