- new car! you saw the tow truck snap shot from june, and two things happened. the corolla got fixed (and is in the process of getting listed to sell. just photographed it last night. hoping to craigslist it soon) and i got a car that is much more suited to my needs. sure, the corolla served me well, but this 2001 rav4 is where it's at. we went out on the 4th of july, got tired after one car lot, and then went back to look at cars online. we found first a 2000 rav4 i thought was okay, and then this one was in folsom and i did commit to saying i liked how it looked (yes. a real emotional response) so we went and ate dinner, then went to the dealer to check it out. test drove it, i liked it, done. got my grandparental loan agreement the next day, and then saturday it was mine! so far, it's been fantastic. i feel like with the corolla i settled because it was in budget, and was decent, but i feel like this car will serve me well. for a long time :)
oh. and the pen was the expensive part. the car came free with it. at least that's what was decided to tell everyone ;)
- for the music camp up at donner mine this year, my mom got the idea to do a quilt raffle to raise money for the camp. so in a matter of days, i busted out two quilts, front & back, and then had them quilted by my grandma. binding on, and sent on their way, each week of camp got a quilt to be raffled off. sure, it was a lot of last minute work, but i'm pretty happy with how they turned out.
- oh financial aid, you are the bane of my existence. i took in a whole bunch of paperwork to get the "red flags" cleared off my page... but yet there are still there. all i want to do is get everything good to go so i can move forward, but apparently there would be no fun in that at all! ugh.
- this panda express fortune cookie slip was very relevant that day... but i can't remember why. haha. back to school maybe? i don't know.
- in preperation for the costume party i shared a picture of, i made this little gem completely out of duct tape sheets. i wasn't sure if he would actually wear a super hero themed shirt more than once, so it's a red shirt, duct tape flash logo, and i eventually sewed the gray sleeves on to the shirt so it wasn't a complete layer overheating fest.
- state fair day 1 complete. performed, sweated to death, and called it good. so tiring. if it wasn't for our studio performing, i would avoid the fair for sure. $10 turkey legs? no thanks.
- state fair day 2. oh that face of his. i have no words. totally forgot to share the luke head instagram in this mix... but there is a good collection of luke faces on my facebook. haha. amy seemed to love it.
- state fair day 3. final day, and boy am i glad i just went, did what i had to do, and then left. it was just WAY too hot. my feel feel like they melted in to the pavement. what fun is walking on asphalt in july in flip flops? yeah, it's not.
- after the crazy week, it was time for the week 2 camp photo at donner mine. i thought i was going to be unable to do it this year, but everything got shifted around and i made it up there with my dad. standing on a ladder on a hill, super exciting. for sure.
on a side not instagrammed note, yes it's true.
i did switch jobs yet again this year. luckily, it wasn't because i was laid off from one as seasonal and had to start looking. it was totally unexpected since i applied on a whim one night, and after a lot of stress, hopefully worth it.
i went from working at a smaller child care facility in folsom to one that is much closer to home (and crazier as far as number of kids. haha) in rocklin. so far, it has appeared to blend nicely with what my school & work schedule will be like for the upcoming semester, and it's a free gym membership that i'll actually use. or not feel guilty about not using, since it is free. win/win situation for sure.
next up: room overhaul, car selling, and maybe some ebay listing to hopefully lead to (and fund) moving on up & out on my own. real world, here i hope to come ;)