Tuesday, November 7, 2017

month of me project one kick off - alaskan batik quilt

hey there!
i said i would be back soon with a little bit more about what i have in store for the month of me, so here we are with the kick off post.  and, to try something new i've been thinking about, here's a little video post about it as well!  of course, i'll have more photos down below because i couldn't leave it empty.  so without further adieu, here's we're rad, let's quilt episode 1!
a lot shorter than my last video with lisa, am i right?  haha.
how did you like that peek at my pumpkins so far?  halloween quilt turned fall turned trying to get done!
so this first project's fabric was collected over my two trips to alaska thus far, and i am going to start things off by making the quilt i have planned!  i purchased the fat quarters on my first trip last year and then got the backing, border & sashing/binding when i was there in june.  i'm super lucky to have friends that understand my way of exploring and remembering my adventures is through fabric shopping and i cannot wait to have this quilt finished so i can take it up there and show it off!  of course, i'll photograph it here in california when it is done, but photos of it in alaska would be just so much more epic!
here's some still photos of the fabric as well, taken on my new apartment balcony.
and come on... those otters!! :)
and i don't want to give too much away just yet, so here's a peek at the book i'll be using a pattern from!  it's called quilt batik! by cheryl brown.  go figure, it is another on loan from the grammy quilt book library.
stay tuned to see where the progress goes from here!  pumpkins?  alaska?  to be determined!  either way, they're both for me :)

1 comment:

  1. I've been too buys lately to keep up so I'm just getting caught up on your blog. What a special quilt this will be. And of course, you MUST take pics of it in Alaska. Hope you aren't in the way of all the fires in California!

    ReplyDelete