Tuesday, November 3, 2020

one month (and three days) in

 i've officially made it one month as a full time employee.

can you believe it?
one thing i have already noticed is that it has REALLY helped my eating out habits.
when i did the split shift, i worked in the morning from 7-12:30, and after eating something for lunch, worked from 1-5:30 or so, which left me hungry and lazy once i got off work.
but now, i work from 7-3:30, bring my lunch with me each day, and then remind myself it is WAY too early for dinner.
so now, i maybe eat out once or twice a week if i'm out running errands or something?

moral of the story: more money for fabric.  

oh, and i did a thing last week too :)

being that blonde for a hot second was weird, but the end result was exactly what i was hoping for.
still getting used to seeing the teal hair i've been wanting for years (but couldn't because of my teaching job) and the fact that it isn't just going to wash out after one rinse... ha.
but do i anticipate this being a long time thing?  absolutely!

otherwise, this week has been mildly productive quilty wise.
purchased some black on black fabric for my first project planned for 2021, so with that started (i already printed the pattern as well) then it relieves a little bit of the chaos of kicking off the year with something new.  plus, i usually marathon sew on new year's eve, and since i don't anticipate any parties happening, i'll for sure be sewing away to get things going.

speaking of "parties"...

i saw my friends for the first time this weekend since april, if not longer.  the last time we "gathered" was for jared's drive by birthday, and that was all of 15 minutes tops.
it was a well missed experience.
clearly, i had no costume plans for this, and when it was planned to be outside, i borrowed my dad's rosco onesie, made a mask and called it a day.

no major projects or quilt tops completed this week, but i finally convinced myself to start working more on my big sister/little sister quilt combo.
i'm super stoked with the projects i chose, but making over a thousand HSTs is daunting!
sunday night i got 4 sets of colors sewn and trimmed while marathoning episodes of new girl on my phone.  yesterday, i got those pressed, and i had hoped to trim them as well... but man that was a chore just to press them.  now it is back to drawing guide likes on the next set of while squares to line up my 

i bought the planner i was debating about last week, and i think it is really going to help keep me on track for all of my 2021 personal quilting plans as well as work tasks and such.  
sure, i plan to still use my bullet journal tracker and such as well, but having a calendar i don't have to draw myself will also be nice.

what's on the agenda for this week?
sewing
sewing
birthday dinner
birthday pizza
more sewing

that's right, everyone.
november is officially birthday month.  well, it is easy to make it last when you're used to celebrating your birthday either in october or thanksgiving at grandma's house.
it's a hard tradition to break, especially when grandma's furniture is in my living room now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment