Tuesday, November 24, 2020

short and sweet... but probably a little long winded.

so i had intentions for a longer post, but between last week and this one, i've got a whole heck of a lot going on at work to get ready for.
plus, i totally meant to get another christmas quilt blogged last week... but clearly that didn't happen and set my schedule back a bit.  oops.
last week was block party number 2, and i feel like it went quite a bit better than the first week.  i demonstrated how to make the hexi muggy ruggy using the creative grids hexagon trim tool, and they turned out pretty cute.  i didn't get a chance to take a good photo with my camera... and i think i failed to post on instagram as well.
i also made the full table runner as a sample to go with week 1's leaf block, and it turned out AWESOME.  i quilted it up and finished it up for saturday's live show (for my show it was only the top) and look forward to hearing how well it sold.
which this also means that a finshed project means another blog post in the works. i already informed my family it would be on the table for thanksgiving, so it will get used before fall is gone.
this week i'm demo-ing another creative grids ruler to make some placemats as well as show how else you can use the block if you don't want to make all the placemats or the table runner.  that's what this blog post's main photo is of, so you can tune in for more about that soon :)
block party is at 9:30am PST every wednesday over on facebook at cali quilt co
if you are one of my few blog followers and haven't met me in real life, shout out in the comments when you watch.  i'd love to know what kind of traffic i get here!

friday i FINALLY quilted my christmas quilt.  i also tested out my new video camera that i bought over the quarantine summer, and it worked okay-ish, but i think the battery died or it got bored before i finished.  maybe it ran out of memory card space?  i'm not sure.  but i also learned that if i'm going to free motion and record it, don't put the camera to my right...  whole lot of my backside in view.  
my plan is to get the quilt bound this week so it is all ready to go by december 1st.
but that should be interesting with block party planning, black friday working, a dentist appointment today AND thanksgiving happening.
plus all the HSTs i still need to make for the all star quilt.
i should probably set a goal for that to make a certain amount a day.
100?  is that realistic?
there are 54 squares of each color... so if i make a full set a day, then i'll be game.
maybe i'll just HST marathon on thanksgiving.  its not like i am useful for any of that cooking process.

i also need to clean up my sewing table a bit...
i put my laundry away FINALLY... which ate in to a lot of my sewing time.
stupid adulting.
plus, my computer keeps shouting at me about running out of space.
ACK.

1 comment: