Wednesday, June 10, 2020

mom's quarantine cat quilt

in the mix of my 2 weeks of marathon long arming, one of the projects i did was a quilt my mom put together as one of her "quarantine stash busts."  she had purchased the panels at some point as well as the coordinating fabrics and then, much like projects do, it sat.
after determining the layout, i curbside picked up some grunge to fill in the sashing, which was followed by a round 2 of curbside to pick up the grunge for the backing and then fill out the binding.
i used this pantograph on the jelly roll race 2.0, so when i saw that my mom's quilt had the same loopy daisy flowers on it, i knew it was perfect.
quilted it up, bound it and then boom!  complete.
now it resides on the back of their couch
i'm not adding this to my quilt count, since it wasn't fully my project.
it cracks me up how a lot of these cat's faces look like big doofus though!
now that this one is done, we're looking at just needed to get 7 more of my quilts posted...  all while starting the next round of new projects.  ack!

No comments:

Post a Comment