i finished these cardinals on monday, and then come tuesday i still had one more potential item to do. i still had plenty of fabric, and so i put together a pot holder for my grandma as well. the apple went well with the "red" theme, and seemed fairly simple. everything went together smoothly until i got to attaching all the pieces together. ugh. that stem was a pain! i ended up redoing it and then did the quilting and binding in its entirety before going to a holiday party. success!
i love seeing small projects turn out quickly and exactly as imagined.
sure helped when working on larger ones in the meantime.
and now, back to the pudge cat blocks...