Tuesday, April 16, 2013

day 15:30 - 30 day challenge

day 15: bible verse
i am a little stuck as far as today's post goes.  i don't have a photo for this one, and along with that i am by no means a scriptorian, that's for sure.  sure, i did four years of seminary every day in high school, but i really don't remember much from it.  and when it was at 5:40 in the morning, who really would?  anyways... though  i don't remember a whole lot from those four years, i do remember one verse (in chunks, so i had to google it) that particularly stuck out to me.  oddly enough, it's from my freshman year, and probably the first term of the year.
"for my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; 
yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, 
and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads."
this verse is from the doctrine & covenants, and is in chapter 25 verse 12.  at that point, emma smith was being instructed through revelation to put together some hymns for the church.  music was important then, and it still has a huge role in the church today.  now not specifically pertaining to churches and religion, this verse stuck out to me through high school simply because of the importance music & the arts played for me.  being involved in music programs regularly since 6th grade through 12th grade has had a huge impact on my life.  through music, i've made a lot of friends, build my talents, and rounded myself out as an individual.  i'm not a singer AT ALL so through band, as well as colorguard and dance performance programs, i have been able to express myself and create myself as an individual.
well, i'm sure i shocked and amazed you all by actually sticking with the prompt and not skimping out because it was a bible verse/churchy themed prompt.  i'm full of surprises.  gotta keep you all guessing!
edit to add:  i decided to throw in this old "girls camp" photo... because it was a church camp.  thus relating to the theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment